photo credit by happy foods tube
- 1¼ lbs Potatoes (600g)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk (120ml)
- 2 tbsp Butter (30g)
- 7 ounces Canned Corned Beef (200g)
- ¼ cup Dill Pickles / Gherkins (40g)
- ¼ cup Jalapenos , drained & sliced
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces. Transfer them into a pot and pour water over – just enough to cover them. Add salt. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low (leaving the lid on) and simmering until they are cooked through.
- Drain the water. Mash the potatoes using a potato masher/fork. Add milk and butter and mix well until well combined and smooth.
- Mix in the corned beef.
- Finely chop dill pickles, jalapenos and parsley. Stir the pickles and jalapenos into the mash and garnish with fresh parsley. Best served warm!
- Gold Yukon or Russet potatoes are both great choices but if you use some other variety, that’s fine too.
- Avoid adding too much water to the potatoes. Just make sure they are all submerged. In my case 2 cups (500 ml) were enough. This will reduce the time needed for the water to come to a boil.
- Add as milk as you like (less or more) to make the mashed potatoes to your liking.
- The amount of butter added can be easily adjusted or omitted completely.
- Jalapenos and parsley are completely optional.
Source: Corned Beef Mashed Potatoes